About Us

 

Holy Family Conservatory of Music was founded in 1925 by the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity and has served thousands of students and families over the years. Conservatory Teachers continue to provide comprehensive music instruction in  piano, strings, winds, guitar, harp, Music for Tots™ and Children's Choir. In September of 2014 Holy Family Conservatory took over the Music for Tots™ program begun by Sister Lorna Zemke in 1984. The Silver Lake Children's Choir also came under the umbrella of the Conservatory in September of 2014.

On October 4, 2013, faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends of Silver Lake College of the Holy Family and the Holy Family Conservatory of Music celebrated the Dedication of the Franciscan Center for Music Education and Performance, a 35,000 square foot facility that is the new home of the College Music Program and Holy Family Conservatory of Music. Facility rentals are available for many of the beautiful spaces in the building. Instructors, students and their families enjoy their new home in the Franciscan Music Center.

New Faculty